POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Office finished (191KB) : Re: Office finished (191KB) Server Time
10 Aug 2024 23:22:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Office finished (191KB)
From: Jaime Vives Piqueres
Date: 30 Jul 2004 03:24:11
Message: <4109f79b$1@news.povray.org>
Hughes, B. wrote:
> Reached epic proportions with this one, Jaime.

   Thanks! :)

> I like the subtle things, like the planter diffusing the sunlight onto the
> phone and also back there at the file cabinet onto the bookcase.

   That was not planed, as you surely know...

> Maybe everyone was laid off work until they learn to stop rendering with POV
> on their computers? Looks like the nearest monitor shows this very scene in
> POV-Ray, so perhaps the others are network-rendering.

   No, everyone is coming late because they know the boss is not going
to be there this morning. :)

> Trying to think of what might could use a change... Those fluorescent
> lights, possibly. I'd expect them to show the actual bulbs, with a
> blue-green glow in the diffuser panels, since there's sunlight illuminating
> the picture. Also, the ceiling panels could be textured, as many usually
> are.

   Here in Valencia it's more typical to have panels like the ones you
describe, which a have a sort of diffuser grid instead a flat plastic
cover hiding the tubes. But of course the later was much easier to do...
anyhow, you made me try the other kind:

   http://www.ignorancia.org/images/personal/office-13.jpg

   I tried also to decorate the ceiling panels, but radiosity didn't
like it... all sort of artifacts appeared, so I left them untextured.
I've also increased the sunlight intensity to please Christoph. :)

   Thanks for the comments!

--
Jaime Vives Piqueres

http://www.ignorancia.org/